Sep 1, 2015

My September - 30 days, 30 reflections.

Summer has come and passed 
So many years has gone so fast
 Wake me up when September ends... 
(My take on Green Day's song)


I do not celebrate birthdays. Not mine at very least. I pretend I forgot the day - or may be I really did forget? 
Instead, I celebrate Month of September. If you think of it, it is simply genius. Instead of party, going out, or whatever else you do on your birthday, you can just enjoy whole month of loving life to it fullest.
Why September?
It's most beautiful month of the year. Temperatures cooling down, and weather is soft as cuddly kitten. Even rains are mild - they just drizzle a bit, making way to calm autumn sunshine... Leaves starting to turn red in Northern regions, but it is not full blown red blaze - just touches of orange and red here and there, like gentle lover's kisses...
It's a month to travel and to explore, month to self-reflect and fall in love, to find who you are and to see how year that passed been, to see where you going or where you came from...

I am going to update this entry daily, and I may fail - but I will try. 
(I realize this cuts in the middle of my Iceland adventure story, but I promise I will come back to that.)



September 1. 
What girl wants, what girl needs. 
A bit of red silk, a bit of red lace.  

...Shopping at Brooklyn Fox is like being a kid in a candy store - so many beautiful things to try on! Darling store keeper helps with everything you need - sizes and colors. 
This is fun!


"When you came in the air went out
And all those shadows there filled up with doubt
I don't know who you think you are
But before the night is through
I wanna do bad things with you
I wanna do real bad things with you"
(Jace Everett)


On the way back to the truck I stop to pick up soup dumplings from Red Bowl. They listed on menu as Juicy Pork Buns - sorry, I had to laugh! Mmmmmm! I been craving them all day. So delicious!

September 2.
I could not sleep last night AT ALL, since I knew it is THE day to pick up my rigged Jeep. It's like Christmas morning!!!
It been in my favorite mechanic's shop for 2 days (since parts were shipped from different locations and been arriving sporadically). Dema's Auto Center always helped me out with all my cars - and no exception, they shined thru this time. Seriously, there is no way I could install 140lb rear bumper by myself. Bumpers, fender flares, lights!
Still have to finish some wiring on Hella's Black Magic - cannot wait to see them all lit up! 
I am thrilled and trying to process my happiness!
Tires & wheels will be next - but I need to take my time and do some research. No rush!

September 3.
Sake & Sunset. Both are beautiful in nuances. A perfect pair...
..This was an ending of long afternoon - which also consisted of visit to dentist, mammogram (yes, they took pictures of my boobs. No, it did not hurt), car shop visit to look at wires, hand car wash for Jeep - I finally stopped at Misaki Sushi for some fresh sashimi (Salmon belly. Mmmmmmm...). And Sake, of course...
Quick drive to Great Kills - just to catch the last glimpse of sunset on the docks - my favorite spot.
No better gift than simple sunset.



September 4.
I always expect people to fuck up. Possibly because they always do. If you let someone into the road before traffic light - asshole will stall and make u-turn, making you miss green signal. If you let someone ahead of you at checkout, they will most definitely be counting coins and writing personal checks. If you trust someone or open up your soul, they shit on it. Oh, and of course, everyone trying to fuck you up literally.
It is a terrible thing to lose faith in people.



Anyways... After shitty week all you want to do is this: not to see anyone, not to talk to anyone, take a walk in the park, draw hot bubble bath, get glass of good wine and put music on. Then get on your computer and get lost in the music, reading and writing.
Done, done, done & done. 
...Wait, and masturbate. That is actually best solution to all problems of universe. They should include it in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.



Happiness is within. Everything else - just shake it off.


Peace out. 








September 5. 
Beautiful day, not hot and nothing stressful. And when I am not stressed, I can do a lot... Oh, the irony...
First stop of the day - drop off Jeep to finish wiring.
Next - to Post Office to renew passport.
Check on Jeep, get ricotta omelette at Piece a Cake, check on Jeep again. It's all done - Hella lights all fixed! Woohoo!
Top - off!! In weather like this it's a shame to keep it covered! Jeep, I mean... 


I am driving to Gun for Hire to shoot revolvers and get some steam out. Today's choice is tiny and beautiful S&W. It does kick, so my finger is sore, but I love this.


Shooting range is just an hour away from Harriman State Park, so on the spur of the moment I decided to go on Seven Lake Drive. 
It is very scenic and picturesque - passing thru the lakes, windy road just turning between the trees and lakes. 
Foliage started turning already, so soon!



Last stop - Bear mountain scenic drive and bite to eat and drink at Bear Mountain Inn. Oh, I am liking this day. All the worries went away, all the blues changed to sunshine... 


Moon is looking into my window, and cicadas singing me songs of summer that passed... 
Time to sign off, it been a longest day yet. Good night, New York. 



September 6.
Have you ever been up in early morning hours on weekend, when city is still sleeping, and sun is so gentle, and everything and everybody is so quiet and lazy?
This is a best time for a run by the lakes.
Reflections. Just unbelievable...
Peace.




September 7.
I invite you to a world where there is no such thing as time
And every creature lends themselves to change your state of mind
And the girl that chased the rabbit, drank the wine, and took the pill
Has locked herself in limbo to see how it truly feels
To stand outside your virtue
No one can ever hurt you
Or so they say
Her name is Alice (Alice)
She crawls into the window
Through shapes and shadows
Alice (Alice)
And even though she's dreaming, she knows
Sometimes the curiosity can kill the soul but leave the pain
And every ounce of innocence is left inside her brain
And through the looking glass we see she's painfully returned
But now off with her head I fear is everyone's concern
- Shinedown, Her Name is Alice

This is how you spend last day of long weekend: A book and a pillow.  
Currently reading: The Girl with Windup Heart, by Kady Cross.

September 8.
18 hr workdays suck. I want to dream.
September 9.
Dreams, dreams, dreams, dreams
Dreams, dreams, dreams, dreams
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Dream, dream, dream, dream
When I feel blue in the night
And I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Dream
I want to make you mine, taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
...Dreams...
-Everly Brothers, Dreams

September 10.
19 hours work day. I am progressing. The good news - even being completely and utterly exhausted, I still managed not to kill myself hydroplaning on flooded exit ramp in Newark at night. It's good to be alive!

September 11 & 12.
Relaxing days of doing nothing at all - couch, blanket, watching movies ("Contact" is amazing movie. Please explain to me why they not making movies like this anymore???), drinking Pindar wine, eating pizza & calamari from Gino's Cucina & Brick Oven pizzeria, laughing and talking endlessly. Taking naps. I have not had weekend this perfect in long, long time.

September 13. 

Wings of Life.
Don't take it literally, I am not jumping off the cliff, man. 
This is about letting go your fears and making your true feelings, soul, heart & consciousness to shine through. Here it is:

"You know when you standing on the edge of the cliff, balancing on your toes - it takes all your energy pushing your body back against gravity, against the wind. To fight your true self - because it is safe here.
"But you can just walk away and stand right there on flat surface" - little voice inside my head says. 
"Yes, but there is the fun in that???" I answer. 
...And one day, when you ready, when you wings are strong enough, you just push off, fearless, you take a leap, open your wings and fly into Abyss, your wings carrying you into most wonderful unknown. 
Left below are your fears, and dark shadows that been haunting you, and what lies ahead is not written yet. But adventure of getting there is just as exciting as destination.
I am letting it go. I feel again."
-Me. 

September 14.
Autumn weather is finally here - and that is the spirit of September, best gift of fall.
Chilly and refreshing 50's in the morning, and even in the afternoon I drove home with windows down. I can run again and enjoy it. 
Write, eat watermelon salad and uncork new bottle of good wine. 
Life is wonderful. 



Memories of Iceland.
September 15.
Finished writing second part of Iceland adventures. Half way through! It was a golden circle, traveling counterclockwise - South, East, North, West. A bit of the middle - but that still left to explore when I go back... One day... It's great memories to write about.

Now, I just going to drool over that 24mm Nikkor lens that coming out this month. Girl can only dream. But hey, I always make my dreams come true.








September 16.
Proud and satisfied finishing impossible project day ahead of schedule - freeing more time for production people. Having my stomach in knots knowing production often goes wrong. Yikes. The weight on my shoulders.
Manicure and pedicure is in order. I need to relax.


September 17.
Playful moon.

"When my day is winding down
and noone is around,
I think of you.
I look at the world you create
and see it through your eyes.
Believe me, it's true.
I sink inside
every stroke, every color splash.
I think of you,
and my own inspiration grows,
from your roots..."
-Me



September 18.
:rewind many, many years back:
...They say, your first job always just for experience, resume brownie points. Well, mine was. Altho being naive immigrant I did demand a salary - and did get it. 
What I learned from my first job: Pizza Fridays mean you not getting your paycheck...
...My second job was a dream come true. Awesome work, creative people, relaxed design environment. My design partner was incredible and taught me everything I know now. I was a rookie back then.
One most important thing I took from my second job: Fridays are always a party (and jeans day). It was a time when whole office would go out (bosses included), get totally drunk at the bar with mechanical bull and talk endlessly about all office gossips.
:back to current days:
Party Fridays is one thing I miss from old good times. 
Fridays will always be about jeans, booze & deserts for me. 
Cheers, sweets!

September 19 & 20. 
Weekends seems to last forever when you are happy. Especially now, in this perfect crisp weather, I am enjoying this time outdoors... What can be better than spending it at friends of a dear friend new house (well, it is actually old house with a character...), with BBQ smoking on backyard, trees dropping leaves on the porch, cold beer, whiskey, pints of ice cream... and not a worry in the world.







September 21.
"Yo, What time is it?
Haha, it's Laundry Day!
Well, I'm the geek in the pink, yo pink pink
Geek is the color for fall, I'm the geek in the pink yeah!
So I'm the geek yo, in the pink yo.
Hahah, y'all geek is the new color for fall
I'm the geek in the pink"
-Jason Mraz, Geek in the Pink.
Some songs you cannot stop but dance to!
Let's dance, yo!!!



September 22 & 23.
Last day of Summer and first day of Fall.
I look back - this was best summer yet.
Weather was mild, beaches were white, drinks never ended, scenery was breathtaking, laughs were plentiful, and happiness was bountiful.
Life, love, travel, discovery, photography - it had it all. 
But the best part is - all of the above still here, with me, rolling into beautiful Autumn.

September 24.
"Unexpected is wonderful."
We supposed to go on the tour of Governors Island Outlook Hill. Upon arrival, we found out it was canceled. Bummer.
So we hung out in hammock, met weird bugs that look like green leaves, almost fall asleep and missed 5pm ferry. 
When we made it to 6pm boat it was held up due to Pope's arrival to NYC. They let us aboard tho, and we were watching police cars blinking in a distance like garlands of Christmas... 
Then Helicopters roared over our heads, making circles over water, Brooklyn & Manhattan.
NYC FDNY Fire Boat started it show, greeting the visitors - and even rainbow came out and smiled at everyone. This was truly spectacular! 
 
Makes you think, how most unexpected chain of events lead to this fantastic evening.
...(Not to mention Barboncino for dinner to finish this wonderful day)...



September 25.
After been in un-creative funk for few weeks, I finally got my photography groove back. Thank you, Morbid Anatomy Museum!







September 26.
This weekend was busy to the fullest. 
First - Coney Island Car Show. Weeeheee! I love those. Classic cars, hotrods, whimsical creations - so, so many! 
Lunch at Paul's Dautghter - hello, fresh clams and lobster roll! So good to sit on boardwalk and just eat and rest.
Next - friend's karaoke birthday. I don't sing... kinda sorta... They made me do it! Pfft! It was fun!
Last stop of the day - Oyster bar at Grand Central. Neither of us been there, so it was time to investigate. West coast oysters win. Briny, meaty, salty goodness. Yummmmm. Another order, please!

September 27.
Spending a day at wondrous Maker Faire. So much to see! Robots, inventions, lights, 3D printers, drones, and Mouse trap show! Running around like kids trying to catch a robot writing in sand on the road, meeting mechanical horse - oh, this was magical.
I managed to get sick, but recovered just in time to see Blood Moon in effect tonight. It was beautiful! Even I did not have my tele lens, seeing it with your own eyes is incredible. 



September 28.
I am still looking for new hairdresser. 
Let's hope Lauren @ Foxy Salon in Bushwick will be it! So far I like my cut - let see in few more visits.
Coming home, I found UPS box at my door. OMG, OMG, it's Christmas! My new lens is here!!! Hello, pretty...Oh, the things I want to do with you, my 24mm beauty!.. 

September 29.
I was considering not to write today. I had a shitty day. One of those day when Murthy's law is in full effect, and you end up locking door in your office, standing in the middle of the room and wailing to high heavens.
But then, day progressed to be worse and worse... I am finally sitting here in my bedroom at my little desk staring at the computer, and I thought - even birthday month deserves it shadows. Without total eclipse, there would be no beauty of Blood moon we saw yesterday. Without my dark wings, the lilies would not bloom. Without shadows, there is not light...
"What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared? Shadows come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light? You're stupid.”  (Bulgakov)

I stand in moonlight, and look over my shoulder. Here is my darkness, there is my light. 
"Shake it off. You will fly again."

On a light note, I leave you with funny quote, again, by Bulgakov:
"Actually, I do happen to resemble a hallucination. Kindly note my silhouette in the moonlight." Behemoth climbed into the shaft of moonlight and wanted to keep talking but was asked to be quiet. "Very well, I shall be silent," he replied, "I shall be a silent hallucination." 
 
September 30. 
______________________________________________













This picture has not been taken yet. This is My Road Ahead. 
______________________________________________
I'm on a front line, don't worry I'll be fine
The story is just beginning
I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets
And now I see the world through my own eyes
-my take on Shinedown
So, this is the end of my September. But does it have to be an end of anything??
I still going to live every day of my life as it's my last. 
I still going to love as much as my heart let me.
I still going to blurb out what I think without fear and finesse my sarcasm skills.
I still going to be amazed with life around me, with eyes wide open and soul filling with wonder.
And I still going to dream, and make those dreams come true every darn day of my fucking life.

I will drive mad roads, I will fight, I will scream to my \m/usic, I will write, I will shoot my camera & guns alike, I will love with all my heart and with no holding back, I will fall and I will fly - and fuck universe if it ever wants to change me.
My dear friends, all of you who stood beside me in best and worst - thru my dawns and my dusks, thru all natural and man-made disasters I survived, all of you who offered support and love thru the years, your roof and your hearts to me, all of you who always has my back no matter what, all of you who I will jump in front of the moving train for, truly - raise the glass with me and cheer for my September, for the year that passed, for the future, for new roads and adventures, and for taking it to the edge every day of our lives!
I love you all, with all my heart. 
Yours, Nadz.

No comments:

Post a Comment