Aug 21, 2015

Quotes of Behemoth. Etc. Inc.




"Not fooling around, not bothering nobody, just sitting here mending the Primus,' said the cat with a hostile frown, 'and, moreover, I consider it my duty to warn you that the cat is an ancient, inviolable animal.” 




"You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness, who was getting muddled by Koroviev. 
'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.
'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.
'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”








"Azazello begged her not to worry, assuring her that he had seen not only naked women but also women with their skin flayed clean off" 













"Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly.
The cat jumped up in his seat with indignation.
'I beg pardon, my queen,' he rasped, 'Would I ever allow myself to offer vodka to a lady? This is pure alcohol!"












"Manuscripts don't burn."
- Mikhail Bulgakov, Master and Margarita

No comments:

Post a Comment